Consider these questions: What do others think of your venue? Are there things that you could easily improve or address that would make you stand out? Do you give the same tour, nearly word for word, week after week? Have you had the same packages for years? How do you know that they’re really working? Or that they are appealing to newly engaged couples? So often as venue owners we get tunnel vision. We see what we want to see, and we lack the outside perspective that other vendors may have. Remember that they visit new locations every wedding and they have the luxury of seeing all the different things that other venues offer or do for their couples. Do you ever wonder how you compare? That’s exactly what we are going to talk about today with Natalie Seng of Designed Perfectly Events.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- All about Natalie and her background in weddings [3:22]
- Types of planning services [7:31]
- How a planner interacts with a venue prior to a wedding [8:29]
- What a planner looks for when their couples are doing their initial venue search [10:17]
- How a planner wants to find out details about a venue [13:35]
- What a planner wants to see on a venue’s website [14:14]
- Is it important to have the reception room set up during tours [16:20]
- What can make or break a venue tour [19:05]
- What can a venue do to make a planner’s job easier and the wedding run smoother [22:08]
- How does having an exclusive catering list affect a venue decision [27:55]
- What is an ideal rental time frame for a wedding day [30:01]
- What emerging trends should venues pay attention to [35:20]
- Last pieces of advice for venues [36:42]
RESOURCES WE MENTION:
The Venue Owner Shop – use code FIRSTORDER to save 15%
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Natalie Seng is the owner and principal planner at Designed Perfectly Events, a boutique wedding and events planning company located in Northern Virginia. Natalie’s career in the special events industry started in 2004 and since then she has been part of more than 400 weddings. Her clients include professional football player Vernon Davis from the Washington Redskins, and her work has been featured in publications such as Martha Stewart, Washingtonian Bride & Groom, The Knot, WeddingWire, United with Love, and so many more.
BE A FRIEND:
Leave an iTunes review here.
BE A GUEST:
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge about running a wedding venue? Know someone who is? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know why you’d be a great person interview!
Find full show notes from this episode here.
The Aisle Files Podcast is created and produced by Kelly Ewell, owner of 48 Fields Farm.