Today we are going to challenge some stereotypes perhaps as we look at the appeal of elopements and petite weddings! They’re not all minimalist ceremonies planned under tight timelines. Some couples are still looking for meaningful and details events, but done on a smaller scale. My guest today is Linnie Hughes, and she’s going to talk with us about the ins and outs of elopements and smaller weddings and how they might be used by venues to expand their services.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Meet Linnie and hear her story
- The difference between elopements and petite weddings
- Why they are gaining popularity
- How to create an elopement or petite wedding option
- What do most couples want in a smaller wedding
- How far out couples are planning elopements or smaller weddings
- The types of venues or features that are most appealing or suitable for smaller weddings
- How venues can be more appealing to help attract smaller weddings
- Best advice for venues wanting to get more involved with elopements or petite weddings
RESOURCES WE MENTION:
Kristin Binford Venue Consultant – new venue owners’ Facebook group and Masterclass
EventStable – save $100 on your order
The Venue Owner Shop – use code FIRSTORDER to save 15% on your first order
The Contract Law Shop – use code KELLYEWELL10 to save 10%
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Linnie Hughes is the owner, founder and lead designer at L&L Events, a multiple award-winning wedding planning company based in Northern Virginia. Founded in 2013, L&L Events is known for their signature colorful and romantic style, and has been published in numerous wedding blogs and in print in multiple magazines such as The Knot, Ruffled, Washingtonian Bride and Groom, United With Love, The Perfect Palette, and Virginia Bride Magazine.
BE A FRIEND:
Leave an iTunes review here.
BE A GUEST:
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge about running a wedding venue? Know someone who is? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know why you’d be a great person interview!
Find full show notes from this episode here.
The Aisle Files Podcast is created and produced by Kelly Ewell, owner of 48 Fields Farm.