This episode is a continuation of our mini series of interviews with first-year venue owners. We’re learning all about their successes and struggles, and sharing their knowledge so other venue owners can learn from their experiences. And, this show is a first where I’m talking with not just one, but TWO guests!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Meet the ladies of Alvis Farms and hear their story
- How all five ladies came together for the venue
- What has been the biggest first lesson they learned
- How did the venue launch and get first couples booked
- What the ladies will never do again
- How they developed their first recommended vendor list
- What roles do each of the women play at the venue
- An unexpected benefit (and a challenge) of having five women working together
- What they wish they could have known before starting
- Things they consider when setting rental offers
- Is running a venue what they thought it would be
- Challenges they anticipate for year two
- The most rewarding part of being a venue owner
- Advice they would give to other new venue owners
RESOURCES WE MENTION:
Kristin Binford Venue Consultant – new venue owners’ Facebook group and Masterclass
EventStable – save $100 on your order
The Venue Owner Shop – use code FIRSTORDER to save 15% on your first order
The Contract Law Shop – use code KELLYEWELL10 to save 10%
ABOUT OUR GUESTS:
Rachel and Betsy are two of the five women who run Alvis Farms at Slate Creek. The ladies were looking for an additional revenue stream to supplement their family’s dairy and grain farm. After hosting two family weddings on their property and receiving extremely positive feedback, they felt led to share the beauty of their farm with others looking for a special place to host their own wedding or event. And so Alvis Farms at Slate Creek was created. Couples are most impressed by the views and scenery on site – rolling hills in every direction, black and white Holsteins dotting the pastures, and white barns that set the stage for special wedding days. Let’s find out more about how the ladies have launched Alvis Farms at Slate Creek.
BE A FRIEND:
Leave an iTunes review here.
BE A GUEST:
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge about running a wedding venue? Know someone who is? Email us at email@example.com to let us know why you’d be a great person interview!
Find full show notes from this episode here.
The Aisle Files Podcast is created and produced by Kelly Ewell, owner of 48 Fields Farm.