On this episode, we are chatting with Amanda Jackson of the Pick Inn Weddings and Events all about how she ended up buying the very place where she got married! Yep – the highs, the lows, the challenges, the celebrations. All the things along the learning curve for someone who didn’t previously have a background in weddings. Get ready to be inspired as she shares her amazing journey with you today!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Meet Amanda Jackson [2:12]
- How her family had the idea to buy the wedding venue [5:35]
- Some of the first things Amanda did after buying the venue [10:40]
- What the previous owner that made it more challenging for new owners [13:30]
- Amanda’s initial reaction to the idea of buying the venue [14:40]
- What happened during the year it took to purchase the property [17:24]
- How they started to interact with other local venues [19:23]
- What did she not realize comes along with running a venue? [21:15]
- Announcing they were the new owners to the community [22:22]
- Overcoming existing bad experiences from past clients and vendors [24:24]
- Some of the initial changes they made as new owners [26:47]
- Things they were not allowed to change [29:40]
- How they started to get their first bookings [32:28]
- How they approached the idea of staffing events [37:18]
- The new type of couple that the Pick Inn is attracting [41:22]
- How they are providing in-house services [44:01]
- Is running a venue what they thought it would be? [45:16]
- What was the biggest learning curve? [47:33]
- Her best advice for new venue owners [50:50]
- What’s on the horizon for the Pick Inn [55:33]
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Amanda Jackson is the owner of The Pick Inn Weddings + Events located in Gallatin, TN (Just north of Nashville). She married her husband at the Pick Inn 4 years ago, and then her family had the opportunity to buy it! She runs the day-to-day operations of the venue as well as acts as the lead coordinator for their weddings. With her background in design, she loves the opportunity to get creative and help couples find ways to make their wedding unique.
BE A FRIEND:
Leave an iTunes review here.
BE A GUEST:
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge about running a wedding venue? Know someone who is? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know why you’d be a great person interview!
Find full show notes from this episode here.
The Aisle Files Podcast is created and produced by Kelly Ewell, owner of 48 Fields Farm.