As venue owners, we are constantly thinking about how we run our venue. But we might not think that much about WHO we run that venue with. If you’re a single owner or your run your venue with a spouse, you can probably make some pretty independent decisions and keep things moving forward. But what if you run a venue with a partner who is not your spouse? How does that change what you do and how you do it when there is more than one voice that needs to be heard? That, my friends, is the topic of this week’s show!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- About Kinsey and her venue [2:22]
- Getting started on the idea of a partnership [6:48]
- How venue construction began [8:16]
- The time frame to build and start the venue [10:49]
- How to show and promote the venue before construction was complete [13:50]
- How Year 2 was different from Year 1 [20:05]
- Dividing up day-to-day roles between the partners [22:31]
- Making final decisions when partners disagree [24:58]
- Has working with a partner been what was expected? [27:08]
- Biggest tip for bringing on a partner [33:51]
- Will additional staff change partnership roles? [35:57]
- Future plans for the venue [38:36]
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Kinsey Roberts is co-owner and co-founder of Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch in Colorado. She and her sister in law Katie, specifically built the venue to host memorable celebrations like weddings and family events. The design of Vista View Events speaks to the love they both have for contemporary architecture and for bringing people together.
BE A FRIEND
Leave an iTunes review here.
BE A GUEST
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge about running a wedding venue? Know someone who is? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know why you’d be a great person interview!
Find full show notes from this episode here.
The Aisle Files Podcast is created and produced by Kelly Ewell, owner of 48 Fields Farm.